Echo's Notorious Sex Blog

Hi my name is Echo, yes that is my birth given name. Well let's see.......I am a Married 29 year old Swinging Bi-Sexual female. I am 100% Irish and have the red hair and green eyes to proove it. I am a smartass I love to joke & laugh,,,,,,laughter is the key to happiness, that and a very sexually healthy life. I did have a Girlfriend until she recently got jealous, so now I am looking for a replacement,,,lol. Hmm what else more can I tell you except...

Friday, June 16, 2006

The Lessons of Divorce

Divorce changes your life forever. It teaches you things about yourself that you would never have known otherwise.

I know this blog almost seems out of place amonst all this sex talk, but it is a subject that has been coming up alot recently so I felt the need to write a blog on it.

Divorce teaches you...

  • that you are capable of much more than you ever thought you were. that being strong is easy when you believe in yourself, and almost impossible when you don't.
  • that actions are much more important than words.
  • that children aren't blind to the problems of their parents.
  • that good friends are an invaluable source of strength.
  • that some friends are not worth keeping.
  • that money isn't the source of all happiness.
  • that forgiveness is a difficult and long process.
  • that anger is part of the healing process.
  • that being alone and single is far less painful than being married and lonely.
  • that love doesn't last forever.
  • that people change.
  • that nothing worth having comes easily.
  • that the price of infidelity can far exceed its pleasure.
  • that even spouses have their limits.
  • that one person cannot keep a marriage together.
  • that one person can break a marriage apart.
  • that lies and love don't mix.
  • that lust can destroy love.
  • that the legal system is not always fair.
  • that no matter how bad your life is, there is someone pretty close by whose life is far worse.
  • to use caution before you fall in love.
  • that emotional infidelity can be more dangerous than physical infidelity.
  • how much you never knew about the person you trusted with your life.
  • that waiting for someone else to change is pointless.
  • that if you want control of your life, you must take it instead of waiting for someone to give it to you.
  • that possessions are a poor substitute for love.
  • that hindsight isn't always 20/20.
  • to trust your instincts.
  • that ultimately it's all up to you.

 

Here is a quote that sums of my Divorce (sort of)

"...I accepted that nothing happens to me that I did not start or permit in some way. As I did all of this I accepted that the people that I would count as friends would become fewer and fewer, because the crazy folks don't find me to be fun any more. Then I came to like, respect, and love the one person that I can not live with out.........ME!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home